George Fox maintains two wireless networks:
- foxguest is provided as a courtesy to guests on campus
This network requires a WEP key to access. Guests can contact the IT Service Desk at (503) 554-2569 to request the key
- foxwifi is provided for staff, faculty, and student use.
Access to this network requires your George Fox username and password.
To configure the network for use on campus:
- Go to Settings (tap the 'Menu' button and select Settings)
- Select 'Wireless & networks'
- Select Wi-Fi Settings
- If Wi-Fi is not turned on (checked), turn it on
- A list of networks should appear (probably two, foxguest, and foxwifi)
- If you have a George Fox username/password (staff, faculty, students), select foxwifi, and enter your username/password.
- If you're a guest, guess what? (HINT: select foxguest and enter the WEP key).
Note that these instructions were verified on a Verizon HTC Android phone. If your device's configuration screens differ, please contact the IT Service Desk at (503) 554-2569 for help in configuring your Android device