George Fox maintains two wireless networks:
- foxwifi is provided for staff, faculty, and student use.
Access to this network requires your George Fox username and password.
- foxpublic is provided as a courtesy to guests on campus
This network requires a WEP key to access. Guests can contact the IT Service Desk at (503) 554-2569 to request the key
To configure the network for use on campus:
Note that these instructions were verified on a Samsung Focus phone. If your device's configuration screens differ, please contact the IT Service Desk at (503) 554-2569 for help in configuring your Android device
- Go to Settings
- Select General, then Wi-Fi
- You should see a list of wireless networks (probably two -- foxpublic and foxwifi).
- If you have a George Fox username/password (staff, faculty, students), select foxwifi, and enter your username/password.
- If you're a guest, select foxpublic and enter the WEP key).